Wednesday, July 21, 2010

☠ Shiver

On July 21st, 2010, the GazettE released their new single 【SHIVER】

It consisted of three songs: SHIVER, Hesitating Means Death, and 奈落 [Naraku].

SHIVER is a lot different then the more recent GazettE songs, though closer to MIDDLE OF CHAOS. It's much happier, similar to Cassis without the carefree love that Cassis has. Ruki said he doesn't even like Cassis, so that makes me feel a bit better. I'm not fond of it myself lol. In a recent interview, Ruki told the interviewer that he wrote SHIVER during the Heresy Tour earlier this year, compiling feelings of happiness and fun into the song's lyrics and you can really hear it in the way he sings, as well as the instruments. The PV choice was a little odd for the song, in my opinion. The song is happy sounding, but the images are black and white, very monochrome, which gives the song a dreary feel to it.

HESITATING MEANS DEATH is next on the CD and it just rawrs out at you. Ruki's voice is similar to BEFORE I DECAY, the harsh growling rawr. I didn't like it at first in BID, but I found myself listening to it over and over again, so I decided I liked it. I like this song because it's got the harsh voice, but it also has Ruki really singing. And I really love when Ruki sings~ Kai's druming, while not as strong a precise as it was in INVISIBLE WALL, is very strong and has a lot of variety. I can't wait to see this song live, I hope they play it in the Tour's Final.

奈落 [Naraku]... Be still my heart. I never really like slow songs so soon, usually having to listen to it several times before I 'sort of' like it. I really think this song is beautiful, though I'm sure most would consider it boring because it's not heavy and hard like most of their work. I have a feeling thing song will be gorgeous live, but I wont have the patience to watch it over and over again like the others.


【SHIVER】 Regular Edition
1. SHIVER
2. Hesitating Means Death
3. 奈落 [Naraku]



【SHIVER】 Limited Edition w/DVD
1. SHIVER
2. Hesitating Means Death

The cover art is very Lady Gaga aren't they?

2 comments:

  1. SHIVER I also listen and liked it a lot ... if it is true that it is not like previous songs from THE GAZETTE ... I know about the new song because it is opening a new anime (kuroshitsuji II)!
    ahh ... I'd like to go to the concert both end ... I gonna go? live in tokyo?

    ps: sorry for my English ... is bad! n_n

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the single a lot, but I've never watched the Anime before. I tend to read Manga, more then watch Anime.

    ReplyDelete